DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name of r64 file is truncated?

Hi,
I use DIAdem File Write in LabVIEW to save data in DIAdem format. For each device under test(DUT) I create a folder which should contain data of all different tests performed on this DUT with separate header and data files.

The problem is that we have to use file names like:

AAAAAAA.123.123.123.01.1 Test1.dat
AAAAAAA.123.123.123.01.1 Test2.dat

If I use such file names as data path input of DIAdem File Write in LabVIEW, the binary r64 files' names are truncated after the first ".".
For the example names above I get only one binary file named "AAAAAAA.r64" instead of:
AAAAAAA.123.123.123.01.1 Test1.r64
AAAAAAA.123.123.123.01.1 Test2.r64
Of course, DIAdem extracts the data for each test well as the header file points to the
correct data (I assume). But I'd really like to have separate r64-files, too.

Would be nice if somebody could help me..

Regards,

Andreas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,586 Views)
Andreas,

The vi that saves to .R64 files does not takes into consideration file names that include dots. To have it work with filenames with dots you will need to replace the Vi DIAdem File Write Header.vi with the version that I am attaching here. This vi should be under:

\vi.lib\addons\diadem\DIAdem File.llb

I saved the vi for LabVIEW version 7.0.Let me know if you need me to resave it in LabVIEW version 6.1.

Best Regards,

Alejandro del Castillo
NI
Message 2 of 5
(3,586 Views)
Alejandro,

thank you very much for your help, I surely would have had problems digging down the DIAdem File Write.vi to search for where changes have to be made.
This way of help is really excellent. LV7 Version is just right...

Andreas.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,586 Views)
Hi,

I recognized another problem:

When your folder and file name contains a dot, you can open data by choosing "Load Data" from the menu bar, but not by using the report assistent.

I attached a picture, maybe it's helpful..

Regards,
Andreas
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,586 Views)
Andreas,

You are right, the report wizard won't let you open file names with periods. However, if you try to open the file directly from the DATA module DIAdem works as expected.

I checked DIAdem version 9 and found that the problem was addressed in that version. The report wizard works correctly and it succesfully imports files with periods on their names.

Best Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,586 Views)