cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple videos and data syncronization, one video not playing smoothly

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey,

I'm currently trying to synchronize data and video from a test where I have visual markers that allow me to line everything up in time, and record a video of the data set and synchronized video for a report.

It works for looking at a single cursor event, or when I run any one video, but when I try to use the play feature to look at the data and both videos at the same time one of the videos stutters and does not run smoothly.

I've tried reducing the fps and the resolution of both videos to lower the demand on the application but this did not have much of an impact.

Thanks,

Alex Rampen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,876 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Frisbert

Hi Alex,

There are a couple of reasons I can think of why the playback of multiple videos is stuttering for you.  The simplest reason is that your CPUs or video card are struggling to render that many video frames per second, on demand.  You can test this theory by reducing the playback speed from 1.0 to something like 0.1 or 0.2 or 0.3.  If the slower playback is smooth and time-aligned between the various videos, then you probably are running up against a bandwidth issue.

Another option to pursue is to see if the videos you're using differ in their encoding, codec being used, density of frame markers, etc.  Can you tell us what the file extensions are on the videos you're trying to synchronize?

Brad Turpin

Senior Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,794 Views)

Hey Brad,

I believe you're correct about it being a CPU issue. My work computer was a desktop before, and got switched out to a laptop recently.

I've tested it out on some other computers and found the issue was not present on some of them.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,784 Views)