DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab dataplugin fails / crashes

I downloaded and installed the Matlab data plugin from NI.com MATLAB® DataPlugin.  

I am running DIAdem 2015 SP2 64bit

The .mat file I have is a version 5 matlab data file.

It is from a third party software suite.

The file opens fine in Matlab R2016B.

When I try to open it in DIAdem I get 2 different errors, depending on file size?

< 1 MB? I get, from filename.mat.log file:

ERROR: Exception: (86) in ToRootData::Initialize
The Data type 1101514747 isn't suppported.
> ~ 1MB I get (and this crashes the Navigator tab of DIAdem)

Error Type: ACCESS VIOLATION

Error address: 00003FEE

Module name: MATLAB.dll

My work around is if I open the file with Matlab, then save the file, I can open it in DIAdem with no issues.  

I attached 3 files.

The MatlabFile.mat is the verison that works in DIADem and is saved from Matlab of LargeFile.mat

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,494 Views)

Hi Will,

I downloaded your ZIP and tried loading the three files included. The Matlabfile.mat loads correctly with the two channels. When indexing LargeFile.mat, I get some internal error that crashes DataFinder Indexer. Trying to load the data into the Data Portal gives a similar access violation that you mentioned.

Error while executing “DataFileLoad” command

Error type: ACCESS VIOLATION

Error Address: 000218DC

Module name:uspMATLAB.dll

Indexing SmallFile.mat doesn’t update the file or change it to a correctly indexed file, it seems like the DataFinder is non-responsive. Trying to load the data gives a different error

Loading of the file “<filepath>\SmallFile.mat” has failed for all the loading methods (DataPlugin) linked to this file type. No DataPlugin assigned for this file type.

Selecting Use an existing DataPlugin to load this file, Open With and selecting the MATLAB DataPlugin gives a different error than the one you mentioned.

The “MatLab” loader cannot process the file “<filepath>\SmallFile.mat”.

It seems like the error seems to be in the way that the 3rd party software is formatting the data and that saving the file using MATLAB development environment resolves the formatting issue.

I apologize for the delay in touching base on this. Another engineer here (who you should have received an email from this morning on the SR you created) reached out to our DataPlugins team with the source files you included. Following up on the SR would likely be the most efficient way of resolving the issue!

Best,

Chris D. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,418 Views)