From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marking as Accepted Solution

Solved!
Go to solution

Sorry to put this here but I didn't get a reply elsewhere. I keep getting emails asking me to mark replies to my posts as the Accepted Solution. However, when I press the link in the email to view the thread there is no button evident to mark any of the replies as the solution. Can you tell me how I am supposed to do this please?

Thanks, Simon.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,633 Views)

Hello Simon!

Thank you for asking, and not just ignoring/filtering those emails. Marking the solution of a thread as such is quite important for others coming across your question (which happens quite often, and sometimes years later).

Unfortunately I don't have a thread right now that I could mark myself, so I cannot send you a screenshot. Normally, there is an Accept as Solution button next to the Reply button beneath each post. There is also this handy page explaining a bit more: Using Accepted Solutions. I hope that helps!

In case that button is definitely not there: Do you maybe have an add blocker installed in your browser that accidentally filters this button?

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,609 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simon_Aldworth

I've found the problem. It seems it is possible to view the forum website without logging in, then when I press REPLY I get automatically logged in, without me realising. So, if I press a link in a 'Mark as Accepted Solution' email then I won't be logged in when I view it, so there is no ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button. Logging in reveals it.

Regards.

Message 3 of 4
(2,604 Views)

Perfect, thank you for reporting back! Now go forward and mark your last reply as solution, as it contains the solution to your question (-:

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,600 Views)