DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marking as Accepted Solution

Solved!
Go to solution

Sorry to put this here but I didn't get a reply elsewhere. I keep getting emails asking me to mark replies to my posts as the Accepted Solution. However, when I press the link in the email to view the thread there is no button evident to mark any of the replies as the solution. Can you tell me how I am supposed to do this please?

Thanks, Simon.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,646 Views)

Hello Simon!

Thank you for asking, and not just ignoring/filtering those emails. Marking the solution of a thread as such is quite important for others coming across your question (which happens quite often, and sometimes years later).

Unfortunately I don't have a thread right now that I could mark myself, so I cannot send you a screenshot. Normally, there is an Accept as Solution button next to the Reply button beneath each post. There is also this handy page explaining a bit more: Using Accepted Solutions. I hope that helps!

In case that button is definitely not there: Do you maybe have an add blocker installed in your browser that accidentally filters this button?

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,622 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Simon_Aldworth

I've found the problem. It seems it is possible to view the forum website without logging in, then when I press REPLY I get automatically logged in, without me realising. So, if I press a link in a 'Mark as Accepted Solution' email then I won't be logged in when I view it, so there is no ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button. Logging in reveals it.

Regards.

Message 3 of 4
(2,617 Views)

Perfect, thank you for reporting back! Now go forward and mark your last reply as solution, as it contains the solution to your question (-:

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,613 Views)