DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapped Network Drives on Windows 10

Hi,

We are just now getting Windows 10 in our lab.  We are running Diadem 2015 SP 2 (32-bit).

We notice that none of our mapped network drives are visible to file open dialogs.  We have several network drives that are used to share data sets, scripts, and report template.  Now, we can't navigate to them from inside Diadem.

Is there a setting we are missing?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,669 Views)

Hello,

I am able to see any mapped network drives in the datafinder and in file dialogs in DIAdem 2015 SP 32 bit on Windows 10, and I believe I have the default settings. How are your drives mapped? Can you send screenshots?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,605 Views)

We map them with the normal File Explorer "Map Netword Drive".  "W" shows here as "Network Location".

It doesn't show up in the File Open dialog.  I also tried clicking the "Network" button in the dialog. That lists other PC hostnames, but not the mapped drive.

Explorer.png

FileOpen.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,598 Views)

Do you see the mapped drives in a "File open"-dialog when using other products, for instance a Microsoft Office product?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,585 Views)

Yes, other applications behave as expected.  Even LabView open file dialogs see the network drives.  Only Diadem. 

It's not just in the data portal.  If I go to scripting and click File->Open, that doesn't see the network drives either.  Very strange.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,582 Views)

I have the exact same problem.

Windows 10

DIAdem 2017 SP1

Was there a resolution to this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,110 Views)

We traced this to our company's internal Group Policy Preference (GPP).  Our GPP settings prevent Diadem from launching unless we select "Run as administrator".

Our GPP settings also prevent mapped drives from being seen by the administrator session.

See this link for an explanation: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3035277/mapped-drives-are-not-available-from-an-elevated-pr...

We use "Method 2" and re-map the drives using a .bat file that must also be "Run as administrator".  Annoying, but it does work.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,105 Views)