DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue running csv plugin from Data Finder

Hi, I have developed two Data plugins in DIAdem 2017 - the first one to load a csv file, and the second one that loads each csv file that is newly detected by the Data Finder, appends the sheet to a Summary Report (xlsx) file, does some computations and adds few plots to the sheet.

While manually loading a csv file using the Summary report plugin creates the entire report, invoking it by the Data Finder executes only a part of the plugin, stopping randomly at a different stage every time the same file is added to the folder.

What could be the reason for this, and is there any workaround for this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,205 Views)

Datafinder has a index timeout setting.

So if opening the file takes too long it will interrupt the process.

Potentially I would integrate your Job into the Analysis Server or Preprozessor Part,

where the working script is not inside the plugin.

There is also a setting to increase the index time.

When DIAdem opens the file manually there is no time limit.

Hope this helps

Andreas

Message 2 of 4
(2,182 Views)

Yes, increasing the Data Indexer Time out (it was 5 sec) helped in nailing the issue. Thanks a lot for the solution, Andreas ! But one issue remains. Although I close all workbooks and exit the Excel Application at the end, I still see an Excel process operating in the background. What could be the reason for this, and how to prevent this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,150 Views)

Hi VenkateshMurthy,

If you see an Excel process running in the background when your DataPlugin executes, that would mean that your DataPlugin is using ActiveX to communicate with the Excel application.  Look for a line with CreateObject() in it.  It sounds from your posts so far that you are using ActiveX to get Excel to build up the output Excel file you want.  There are a few other options to get output data into Excel, but it's a shorter list if you're doing it inside a DataPlugin compared to with a DIAdem VBScript.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,139 Views)