DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to link the x-axis of multiple REPORT plots in DIAdem 2018? (Not from VIEW)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

We have report templates with selected channels for auto-processing pdf reports. Unfortunately, DIAdem does not adequately re-scale the pdf report x-axis, resulting in colliding time labels (even with auto-scale selected in plot properties). This results in low confidence that a report won't have formatting errors along the time axis and subsequently someone having to load that data set into DIAdem, go through clicking on each plot and adjusting time scale (extremely time consuming).

1. Is generating a pdf with axis errors a known issue that others have problems with?
    • We are passing variables from LabVIEW and controlling DIAdem environment via automation VIs
    • Variables call a DIAdem script to load data, export to pdf using report template
  2. Is there a way to adjust all report plot axis (for re-formatting and zooming purposes)?
    • I know you can use VIEW to "zoom" then transfer to report, but we want to avoid as many clicks as possible so staying in report would be ideal
    • I know that using the Ctrl+SHIFT+C function in script record mode, you can capture dialog box parameters (such as report plot x-axis ;)), is this a possible method for adjusting all plots?

Thank you for your time and any suggestions. I can provide screen shots if necessary but it really is just a matter of the x-axis not scaling in a way that will always avoid labels colliding...

BG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,189 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BG103

I use something like this to adjust my reports before I export them. You should be able to add something like this to script that loads the data into DIAdem. This is an easy way to make sure that the formatting and spacing is consistent across your PDF, but also can be used to make quick modifications to any REPORT templates which have a lot of tabs.

Sub FormatGraphs

Dim i

For i = 1 to Report.Sheets.Count
    Set oSheet = Report.Sheets(i)
    If oSheet.Objects.Exists("2DAxis1") Then Set oGraph = Report.ActiveSheet.Objects("2DAxis1")    
    oGraph.XAxis.Label.Text               = saNC_XAxis_Label(i)
    oGraph.XAxis.Scaling.AutoScalingType  = paNC_XAxis_Scaling(j)
    oGraph.XAxis.Scaling.Begin            = iaNC_XAxis_Start(j)
    oGraph.XAxis.Scaling.Tick.Distance    = iaNC_XAxis_Tick(j)
    oGraph.YAxis.Label.Text               = saNC_YAxis_Label(i)
    oGraph.YAxis.Scaling.AutoScalingType  = paNC_YAxis_Scaling(j)
    oGraph.YAxis.Scaling.Begin            = iaNC_YAxis_Start(j)
    oGraph.YAxis.Scaling.Tick.Distance    = iaNC_YAxis_Tick(j)
    oGraph.CurveLegend.Position.RelativePosition      = paNC_Legend_RelPos(j)
    oGraph.CurveLegend.Position.Anchor.SystemRelatedX = iaNC_Legend_XAnchor(j)
    oGraph.CurveLegend.Position.Anchor.SystemRelatedY = iaNC_Legend_YAnchor(j)
  Next 'i

End Sub
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,177 Views)

Amazing. Time unspoken has been lost to manually updating these things. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,161 Views)