From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing cRIO and DIAdem

Hi,

I recently started working on a project wherein we're trying to use a cRIO to acquire some data and then analyse that data using DIAdem.

I'm a bit lost as to how to go about things. We tried using the NIDAQmx drivers, but the channels get created on the cRIO and we are not able to view them on DIAdem.

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adrian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,449 Views)

Hi Adrian,

Could you give me some more information on the type of cRIO you're using? Not all cRIOs support programming using the NI-DAQmx API.

It's also important to note that the main function of DIAdem is for post processing of data so normally you would need to have data acquired before trying to use DIAdem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,418 Views)

Hi ,

We're using the cRIO-9049 as well as LabView 2018 and DIAdem 2018.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,415 Views)

Hi Adrian,

I believe that that version will support using DAQmx calls in CRIO.  That simplifies this quite a bit.  I like writing the TDMS files on the CRIO, then using sftp or webdav to transfer the TDMS files from the CRIO to the Windows Machine,  Then can process them in DIAdem all you want.  

From a short amout of reading) The CRIO 9049 is a Linux based RT OS. That gives you lots of flexibility on how to get the file from the CRIO to Windows.  SFTP, Webdav, and if you want to reduce your security (FTP)  My favorite is Webdav, but FTP is just so easy to do, but it requires you to install the FTP server on the CRIO. 

There should be an example in making a TDMS From DAQMX that should work on CRIO-9049.  

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,410 Views)

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot for the information.

Best,

Adrian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,408 Views)

Adrian,

It is not possible that LabVIEW RT and DIAdem exchange data on direct way. One possible option is that both communicate via OPC UA. For this you need to install a OPC UA server on the cRIO and DIAdem can work as OPC UA client.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,394 Views)