DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface Diadem with Bessler Camera

Dear NI 

I ahve a bessler Network camera which can take the pictures and send it to the network using ethernet interface I can see it in pylon viewer .

I want to know that in Diadem can I interface the real camera and analyze it on real time ?

Threre was a example in the tutorial in which a car is moving and its data is analyzed but it was recorded movie can i interface real devise and get its data real time??

rupesh

IIT delhi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,726 Views)

Hey rupesh,

What sort of image analysis are you wanting to do?  Most of NI's image analysis capability is in the IMAQ line of products, which also interface with frame grabbing cameras.  It is possible that DIAdem might be able to connect to your camera, but I'm not yet convinced DIAdem is the right tool to run the analysis.  What interface does your camera use (PCI, USB, serial, etc.)?  What is the model number of that camera?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,719 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for reply

actually I am using Diadem to interface Basler camra . it is a type of camera which directly connects to the computer via ethernet interface and sends us the streaming video which can be viewed using pylon viewer . There is  an example in the file SafetyTest.tdm in which  the file is located in " C:\Program Files\National Instruments\DIAdem 2011\Examples\Data"  in which a video is synchronized with the crash analysys data .

Actually in this example we browse the video and load the data . instead of loading the video file is it possible can i directly stream the video on the view area of the diadem 

The Basler camera uses ethernet port of the PC for interfaceit directly streams video to pylon viewer(it is a GUI which comes with the camera)

rupesh

IIT delhi india

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,712 Views)

Hi Rupesh,

The Video synchronization display in VIEW only works on an existing video file and was designed for post-acquisition display only.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,700 Views)

Dear Brad,

Thanks for reply , As now It is clear that NI DIAdem is post analysys software we can not directly interface the Basler camera , you have suggested NI MAQ series of proucts , I ahve gone through the link

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5030

which shows the  NI-IMAQ for USB Cameras

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,690 Views)

Dear Brad ,

As Diadem does not support the real streaming of data  and you have suggested IMAQ

I have gone through the link

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5030

but the problem is that they support the usb interface  , we need to interface Basler camera which is ethernet based to directly stream to the software

can you suggest some software that can solve my purpose to see the direct stream video using Basler camera two at atime

regards,

rupesh

IIT delhi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,686 Views)

Hi Rupesh -

We could make suggestions, but this particular board contains experts and users of the DIAdem software and not IMAQ.  The experts can be found on our "Vision" board of this forum, at the following link - please try your post on that thread.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/bd-p/200

Derrick S.
Product Manager
NI DIAdem
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,681 Views)