cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import time channel into DIadem from a tdms file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Chris,

I'm glad to hear you're up and running again.  The channels to use for sorting are added to the "IdChDict" like this:

Set Channel = RawGroup.Channels("Source")         : IdChDict.Add UCase(Channel.Name), Channel
Set Channel = RawGroup.Channels("Channel Name")   : IdChDict.Add UCase(Channel.Name), Channel
Set Channel = RawGroup.Channels("Unit")           : IdChDict.Add UCase(Channel.Name), Channel
Set Channel = RawGroup.Channels("Channel Number") : IdChDict.Add UCase(Channel.Name), Channel
Set Channel = RawGroup.Channels("Stage")          : IdChDict.Add UCase(Channel.Name), Channel

Just remove the "IdChDict.Add" command for any channels you DON'T want to sort by, in this case the last one (Stage).

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(917 Views)

I have 5 channels written to .tdms file (Time Stamp, FM1,*****,FM3,FM4).

I want to read this TDMS File into a graph format in DIAdem, 

When i load the data in DIAdem, it shows the FM1,*****,FM3,FM4 values correctly on the Y Axis but show numbers on the X-Axis instead of Date.(I used Brown Wire to Write the Date)

I want to See the Date on X-Axis. Additionally i want to read data for a specified Date Range in DIAdem, (Start Date and End Date)  how to read specified date Data.

Atif

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(288 Views)

Hi M_Atif,

Your "Time Stamp" channel loads correctly into DIAdem as a datetime channel.  If you plot this channel on the X axis of a graph, you will by default get datetime display.  In the VIEW panel this is sometimes not obvious, especially if you have zoomed way in, and you can not affect the datetime format of the display.  In the REPORT panel, you can pick the exact datetime display that you want on the X axis.

If you want to load only the correct datetime range into DIAdem, you first need to determine the corresponding channel array index range, but then you can load that range by right-clicking on the file and choosing the context menu "Data Reduction..." -- or by using the DataFileLoadRed() command instead of the DataFileLoad() command in a VBScript.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(272 Views)