DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start a SUD from the dialog editor when ScriptInclude of Subsequence script is used in the SUD

Hello,

I'm using DIAdem 2012. I have include a script in a SUD that is started as a non modal Dialog from a main script, as described in a best practices note, the call is ScriptInclude("scriptname") in the SUD and in the script the call of SubSequence() marks the scipt as sub script. This work's fine if I start the SUD from a main script.

Recently I tried to use the Button/Function "Test in DIAdem" from the Dialog Editor, then I get a error, referenced to the code line of "ScriptInclude":

Das Starten dieses als "Subsequence" gekennzeichneten Unterscripts ist nicht möglich

(~ starting of the sub script marked as "subsequence" is not possible)

I know this error occurs, when you try to call a script that is marked as sub sequence with ScriptStart(), but that's not the case - I do function calls of sub function of the sub script e.g. in the Dialog_EventInitialize() function.

Is it even possible to "test" a SUD with sub sequent function?

Example:

SUD:

Option Explicit  'Erzwingt die explizite Deklaration aller Variablen in einem Skript.
Call ScriptInclude(CurrentScriptPath & "HandleSTATE")
Dim ...
Sub Dialog_EventInitialize()
End Sub

SCRIPT "HandleSTATE": 

Option Explicit  'Erzwingt die explizite Deklaration aller Variablen in einem Script.
Call Subsequence()
Dim ... Sub GetState()
'do something End Sub

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,555 Views)

No ideas? Hints? Comments like: "use DIAdem2017"?

Is my question too obscure?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,486 Views)

Hi olhass,

I give it a quick try and receive the same error in DIAdem 2017 SP1 64-Bit.

A newer version of DIAdem would not fix the issue.

The only workaround I know is to Subsequence statement.

Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,462 Views)