DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to specify a group as default group programmatically?

I am developing a program which helps in calculation of the channels. I make use of different groups with channel identifier the respective channels are picked for each group. Example group_0 holds time, speed channels also group_1 holds the same time and speed channels but the values differ. If my formula is something like D = speed * time then the channels of respective groups are picked and the calculation is carried on them, the resultant channels settles down in the default group, with correct results in each resultant channel. My issue is, I want to put these resultant channel in their respective. Can anyone help me to programatically set the default group so that I can find the expected result.

Please hel
p me out at the earliest.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,974 Views)
You can use the command
Call GroupDefaultSet(TargetGroupIndex)
to set a certain group as default. All calculation results will then automatically be stored into that group.
Refer to the DIAdem help for further information about the command.

Ingo Schumacher
Application Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,974 Views)
Hi mv_rajk,

I just wanted to add a little additional explanation. The Groups are 1-indexed, so the first one is index = 1, the second is index = 2, etc. Also, if you want to create a new Group, then make that new Group the default, you can use the following commands, since the "GroupCount" variable always returns the highest used Group index:

Call GroupCreate("NewGroupName")
Call GroupDefaultSet(GroupCount)

Regards,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,974 Views)