From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find, if channel exists or not?

Hi,
I am beginner in DIADEM, Apologies in advance if the question does not make sense.

If EmissionsStream1Location = "Engine Out" Then
' do this calculation

' ElseIf(CNo( "iD_EmissionsStream2Definition_")>0)AND( EmissionsStream2Location = "EO" and (Data.GetChannel("iD_EmissionsStream2Definition_").Properties("Equation").Value ="Ad_Emissions2RawDefinition_") ) Then
' do this calculation

'ElseIf (CNo( "iD_EmissionsStream2Definition_")>0)AND(EmissionsStream2Location = "EO" and (Data.GetChannel("iD_EmissionsStream2Definition_").Properties("Equation").Value ="Ad_Emissions3RawDefinition_")) Then
' do this calculation

' ElseIf (CNo( "iD_EmissionsStream2Definition_")>0)AND(EmissionsStream2Location = "EO" and (Data.GetChannel("iD_EmissionsStream2Definition_").Properties("Equation").Value ="Ad_EmissionsDiluteDefinition_"))Then
' do this calculation

'ElseIf (CNo( "iD_FTIRStream1Definition_")>0)AND(FTIRStream1Location = "EO" and (Data.GetChannel("iD_FTIRStream1Definition_").Properties("Equation").Value ="Ad_FTIRStream1Definition_"))Then
' do this calculation

ElseIf (CNo( "iD_FTIRStream2Definition_")>0)AND(FTIRStream2Location = "EO" and (Data.GetChannel("iD_FTIRStream2Definition_").Properties("Equation").Value ="Ad_FTIRStream2Definition_" or "Ad_FTIRDefinition_")) Then
' do this calculation  

else 'Just assume Bench 1 channels are Engine Out
' do this calculation

end if

In the above code, i intend to check if the channel exists at first place, if so check other 2 conditions which are lets say EmissionsStream2Location = "EO" AND go that channel and the check the Equation property, weather if its the same i need, which i specified in above code.
But upon running it, its throwing error if the channel does not exist,i believe its failing at

(CNo( "Channel_name")>0)

i have tried other option as well like:

( "Channel_name")<>""

Any help is highly Appreciated, Thanks in Advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,595 Views)

To answer "How to check if a channel exists or not":

Call LogfileWrite(Data.Root.ChannelGroups.Exists("Channel Name"))
Message 2 of 2
(2,578 Views)