DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create my own G5D file with GPI toolkit

Hi,

I've developped my own GPI-DLL library. To do so, I've renamed the 2 constants (ATDONLYNAME and ATDNAME) with GPIEXP_FTH.

But, when I've started DIAdem, the error "The internal DIAdem-file "...\GPIEXP_FTHU.G5D" was not found. " ..." appears.

After few tries, I've discovered that the G5D file is not created.

How to create my own G5D file

Thank you

Fred

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,811 Views)

Hello Fred91!

From the (old) GPI Help:

Using External Text Files (G5D Files)

In its basic functionality the GPI contains an interface to the message management system in DIAdem. This interface is called WEMI API (Warning Error Message Information API). It enables you to output messages and read texts from special binary files during DIAdem runtime. These files have the name extension 'G5D'. In order to be able to use one of these external text files in a DIAdem extension DLL, the G5D file has to exist in the DIAdem program directory.
The original form of a G5D file is an ASCII file with the same name and the name extension 'ATD'. These ATD files are converted into G5D files using the program ATD_CONV.EXE, which is located in the DIAdem program directory.

1. Command line for manually calling the ATD convertor:

ATD_CONV.EXE  [path][name of the ATD file]
The result is a special binary file with the same name as the ATD file, but with the name extension "G5D". This G5D file has to be stored in the DIAdem program directory before DIAdem is started.

2. Automatic Conversion during DIAdem starts:

You can start DIAdem with a special start parameter (cf. general DIAdem help: search term "Parameters for program start") /G followed by a path specification. For all ATD files which are located in the directory path specified, DIAdem generates a corresponding G5D file and stores it in the DIAdem program directory. However, if the corresponding G5D file already exists, the conversion is performed only in the case that the G5D files saving date is older then that of the ATD file.

Delivery of ATD Files:

ATD files are only to be forwarded to the user with DIAdem extension DLLs in exceptional cases. The ATD files may have to be used, for example, for setting parameters. However, the user has to be aware of the necessary entries in the ATD file and its subsequent conversion into a G5D file (e.g. this information should be integrated in a manual or in ReadMe files provided for the extension DLL).

Note: The ATD_Conv Tool will not be delivered with current DIAdem versions!

Matthias

Matthias Alleweldt
Project Engineer / Projektingenieur
Twigeater?  
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,804 Views)
It's working.

Thank you

Fred
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3