From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compare the data in diadem channel line by line and store the result to an array/channel?

Solved!
Go to solution

HI,
is there a way to compare the data in Diadem channels, like i have this two channels, lets say "ca_Cyl1PressurePeakMeanFiltered_Mpa" and "NewChnZ", i would like to do a comparison where i would like to check if the values of "ca_Cyl1PressurePeakMeanFiltered_Mpa" channel are greater than values of "NewChnZ" channel if so do nothing else flag the index of "ca_Cyl1PressurePeakMeanFiltered_Mpa" and store it to some new channel.

for example:
lets say if the channel "ca_Cyl1PressurePeakMeanFiltered_Mpa" has entries (12.56,12.80,12.66) and the channel "NewChnZ" has entries (12.5,12.5,12.4) then the 3rd  entry/index should be flagged and get to stored in to new channel.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,942 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kandukuri_raghavendra
Option Explicit  'Forces the explicit declaration of all the variables in a script.

dim chnl1, chnl2, resChn, resChn2, i
set chnl1 = Data.Root.ChannelGroups(1).Channels("Channel")
set chnl2 = Data.Root.ChannelGroups(1).Channels("Channel1")
set resChn = Data.Root.ChannelGroups.Add("result").Channels.Add("result indexes", DataTypeChnFloat64)
set resChn2 = Data.Root.ChannelGroups("result").Channels.Add("result indexes 2", DataTypeChnFloat64)

' When is chnl1 > chnl2 ?
for i = 1 to chnl1.Size step 1
  if(chnl1.Values(i) > chnl2.Values(i)) then
    resChn.Values(resChn.Size + 1) = i
    resChn2.Values(resChn2.Size + 1) = i
  else
    resChn.Values(resChn.Size + 1) = NOVALUE
  end if
next

Capture22.JPG

Message 2 of 4
(2,930 Views)

Thank you @gsklyr, that's exactly what i was looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,922 Views)

You can compare the channel values in two ways, one within a script, and another using the Analysis panel channel event search dialog (see http://www.savvydiademsolutions.com/analysis.php?topic=event-search-free-formula).

In a script, use the Calculate() command for the best speed, and always use the numeric comparison functions ValGT, ValEqualGL, ... instead of ">", "=>", etc. with floating point channels.  Below is an example.

Dim oGrp, oChnA, oChnB, sFormula
Call Data.Root.Clear()
Set oGrp = Data.Root.ChannelGroups.Add("MyChnGrp1")
Set oChnA = oGrp.Channels.Add("ChnA",DataTypeChnFloat64)
Set oChnB = oGrp.Channels.Add("ChnB",DataTypeChnFloat64)
oChnA.Values(1) = 12.015: oChnB.Values(1) = 12.0
oChnA.Values(2) = 55: oChnB.Values(2) = 56
oChnA.Values(3) = 0.0002359: oChnB.Values(3) = 0.0002360
oChnA.Values(4) = -204.95: oChnB.Values(4) = -205.01
'It is considerably faster to perform a comparision of channels using Calculate()
'You should always use the functions ValGT, ValEqualGT(), .. when you compare real
'(floating point) channel values (datatype DataTypeChnFloat64), otherwise you may
'sometimes get a result you wouldn't expect.
'The formula below assigns a value of one to the new channel R when the condition is met
'(value of oChnA > oChnB), and a value of zero otherwise.
sFormula = "R = IIF(ValGT(A,B),1,0)"
ReDim arrSymbols(2): ReDim arrValues(2)
arrSymbols(0) = "R"
Set arrValues(0) = oGrp.Channels.Add("ChnA_GT_ChnB",DataTypeChnFloat64)
arrSymbols(1) = "A"
Set arrValues(1) = oChnA
arrSymbols(2) = "B"
Set arrValues(2) = oChnB
Call Calculate(sFormula, arrSymbols, arrValues)

Message 4 of 4
(2,835 Views)