From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you reference a channel group by name in a graph?

Solved!
Go to solution

I noticed that when you define the curves on a 2d axis the X and Y channels are defined in the following format:

[Channel Group Index]/Channel Name

Is there a way to use the Channel Group's name instead? It looks like DiAdem requires unique names for each Channel Group opened, so it seems like this should be possible, but I can't seem to find any information on it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,283 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ShaneDuffy

Capture.JPG

Step 1 supposed to be "Settings" lol

Message 2 of 4
(2,233 Views)

Hi Guys,

The DIAdem Settings field will determine how the channel reference gets written to the graph configuration when you interactively drag&drop the channel from the Data Portal onto the graph or select a DataPortal channel from the graph configuration dialog.  After this, you can also edit the reference that was created manually, turning "[GroupIndex]/" into "GroupName/", for instance.

If you happen to be doing this for a VIEW graph, make sure to immediately save to TDV file as soon as you exit the graph configuration dialog.  VIEW will keep track of the channel you assigned it even if you change its name or drag it into a differen Group.  REPORT will simply keep the channel reference text you last entered.  So with VIEW you have to save the "ChannelName/" syntax immediately after exiting the dialog, and you might need to reload the TDV file to get it back later.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,202 Views)

Thank you gsklyr, this was exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,188 Views)