DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install Debug Support for VBS files

I am using Diadem v8.0 - I have tried to install the MS Script Debugger, from the MS website as discussed in the help pages, but Diadem asks for version 5.5, and Microsoft lists only 5.6 - is v 5.5 still available somewhere? I tried installing 5.6 but diadem complains "Application cannot run with the current version of the debugger...". I am currently using Win95 - will upgrading to a newer operating system help?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,066 Views)
Hi Mark,

I don't know about Win'95, but I got the MS VBScript Debugger to install fine on my Win'98 system. Were you at

"http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/downloads/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/731/msdncompositedoc.xml"

on the Microsoft site? That's where the DIAdem help system sent me to download the debugger, and I didn't see any indication of version number there, just OS.

On the other hand, you can get a lot of mileage out of inserting a MsgBox statement into your code, with vbTAB and vbCRLF to format the output text. I find this to be a superior approach when I want to view the contents of an array.

Regards,
Brad Turpin
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,065 Views)
Thanks Brad,
I've now tried this on a Windows 2000 machine, and it seems to work fine - so it looks like it's time to upgrade!

Regards

Mark Terrell
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,066 Views)