From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I import non-numeric data into DIAdem?

I have some non-numeric data in an Excel file which I would like to import into DIAdem. DIAdem recognizes the file and imports some of the data, but it only imports those cells that are purely numeric. Cells containing non-numeric characters are ignored. But I need that non-numeric data! How do I force DIAdem to import everything? (Some controls appear in the import dialog that seem like they might be useful here but they're greyed out.)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,830 Views)
Hi There,

You can not load text columns from ASCII files into DIAdem 8.1 DATA channels (numbers only). But the ASCII Import Wizard will let you send those text values to either a separate ASCII file, which DIAdem can use to put them on a graph as labels, or to a DIAdem string array, which DIAdem can use to display them at various places in its environment.

The below attachments demonstrate reading an ASCII text column into a DIAdem string array and displaying the values on a DIAdem table in GRAPH. Note that the index values of the string array are placed in a DIAdem DATA channel.

Ask if you have further questions,
Brad Turpin
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,830 Views)