From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a subaxis in DIAdem GRAPH using an autosequence?

I am creating graphs in DIAdem REPORT using an Autosequence (3 graphs and text). This is to prevent anyone from changing the format of the report, which is why I am not simply loading an existing layout. My question is how do you add a sub-axis to a 2d Axis system? I can tell the curves in the axis-system that they belong to subaxis 2, but the subaxis doesn't exist so the curve is not displayed.
How do I create the new subaxis?

Thanks, Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,114 Views)
Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately this is a gap in our function set for GRAPH objects. I have been told by the developers that there is no VBScript-level function to create a Y axis programmatically. Your only option as far as I know is to have several copies of the same report layout saved off with different numbers of Y axes. As you accurately pointed out, once the Y axis exists, you can programmatically associate various curves with it or edit its properties.

Sorry for the bad news,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,114 Views)