DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I tag a channel as dirty from GPI Dll extension

Hello,
I'm writing a GPI-file driver.
It works fine, but when closing Diadem I get no warning message about unsaved data although I've filled severals new data channels (using hDataObjChannelGet and nDataObjChannelValueSet service routines).
I'm sure there's some flag which can be set to dirty so that Diadem prompt user for saving data before closing, but I can't find it.
Best regards.
Jma
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,274 Views)
Hi Jma

DIAdem doesn't ask you to save data if they are not changed or if the switch "Warning if unsaved parameters exist" (Settings -> Desktop parameters -> General) is not set.
But there could be an other reason for the problem you described. For DIAdem 8.10 we've done a fix for a internal flag which monitors changes of data's. In cases of data's are added to the data matrix (the old content of the matrix is not deleted before start with the import) it could be that this flag was not set correct.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,274 Views)
Hi Jma,

You can ensure that the Settings>>Desktop Paramters>>General>>"Warning if unsaved parameters exist" box is checked by setting the DIAdem variable programmatically:

FileModification ="check" ' this prompts on exit
FileModification ="ignore" ' this does NOT promt
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,274 Views)
Hi Ri,

Thanks for your answer.

I believe that my problem is the last you have talk in your answer.

I've check the "Warning if unsaved parameters exist" switch. And by the way as long as I modify some data "by hand" I get the warning message.

I join with this comment an extraction of my code. It's very simple and use 2 specific objects (g_header and pChannel) which stores informations from imported ASCII files and send them to Diadem by "lDataProperties" and "nDataObjChannelValueSet" service routines.

I hope it will be useful to understand what's wrong.

Best regards !

jma
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,274 Views)
Hi JMA,

Your source code must contain a flag called eGPIFileLoadFct if you find this just add the flag eGPIFileLoadAppend like:

{ "FilterName", "FilterFunctionFct",
eGPIFileLoadFct // Loading feature
+ eGPIFileLoadAppend // Does not override existing data
, "Import Info", "*" }

We�ve tested this in DIAdem 8.1 and it works fine.

Best regards

Ri
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,274 Views)