DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I reduce the filesize of PDF-files with the function PicPDFExport ?

Hello,

I have to export some TDR-Reports with the function PicPDFExport. Unfortunately the PDF-file is to big abd I like to reduce the resolution to reduce the PDF-file size.

Sorry, but till now I could'nt found the paramenters for this

DanielMab
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,839 Views)

Hi DanielMap

There is no dialog to change the setting of the PDF files, but some variables that change the resulution and compression. Try the following script and compare file size and quality of the files.

'Default settings

PDFJPGCompressed

="No"

PDFResolution

="default"

Call

PicPdfExport("c:\file1.pdf")

PDFJPGCompressed

="high"

Call

PicPdfExport("c:\file2.pdf")

PDFResolution

="72 DPI"

Call

PicPdfExport("c:\file3.pdf")

Hope this helps.

Winfried

Message 2 of 5
(3,832 Views)

Hi DanielMab,

If the green variables winner posted aren't available yet in your DIAdem (they're pretty recent), you can still change the dpi resolution manually by going to the Windows Start menu, selecting "Settings", "Printers and Faxes", then right-click on the "DIAdem PDF Export" printer and select "Properties", then choose the "Advanced" tab and choose a smaller Resolution (72 dpi is the minimum).

On my current laptop with DIAdem 11, I can no longer find the resolution setting in the properties dialog, but on my old laptop with DIAdem 10.1, I can find and change the above-described resolution setting, and the next time I print PDF files from DIAdem 10.1, I get smaller (and grainier) PDF files.  It looks like the new PDF printer driver that DIAdem installs takes its resolution setting from the programmatic call and can not accept a manually selected, static resolution setting like the older PDF printer driver could.

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

Message 3 of 5
(3,820 Views)
Hello Winfried,

Thank for you Help. But "PDFResolution" isnt't avaible with my version 10.2.

But the
PDFJPGCompressed="high"  was heplful.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,818 Views)
Hello Brad,

Thanks for this helpful hint.

DanielMab
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,817 Views)