From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full UTC Time in X Axis

Hello,

I'm plotting some data over a date/time chanel in the UTC time format. When I zoom into a certain part, hours or minutes disapear. What I need is, that Hours, Minutes and Seconds are always showing in the x-axis.

It would be nice if that would be possible for both view and report, but as far as is know formating the axis in view is not possible.

How can I archieve the desired behaviour atleast in Report?

Thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,199 Views)

Hi,

can you please post a complete example (Report file, sample TDM data, screenshots documenting the described behaviour). Otherwise it will be hard that people will be able to help you.

Best regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,174 Views)

Hey,

Absolutely:

The x-axis is a date/time channel in the format #dd/mm/yyyy hh:nn:ss:ffff. This is how the x-axis is displayed in Diadem:

Example.png

I would like that the hours would be displayed aswell, like you can see here (edited with paint ;)):

Example_2.png

This would be espacially important in the view, because we will have recordings over several hours but in most cases only timeframes of some minutes will be investigated in detail. During the tests there will be timestamps made for events that occur, to find these timeframes. Therefore it is important to know the complete time, to make sure we are in the right spot.

I think in report it would be enough to have the whole time displayed once at the beginning, maybe in a textfield that displays the first time on the x axis, if that can be done.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,170 Views)

Hi!

you know you can save and attach a REPORT Layout (*.TDR extension), also your TDM file misses the TDX file which basically stores the binary information.

screenshot.PNG

Have you tried this setting?

Best regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,166 Views)

Hi.

Ehm yeah, that works as I wanted it to.

I just looked in the wrong spot unfortunately. Thanks.

Is it somehow possible to format the x-axis in the view? Or is it always done automatically?

Best regards,

Michael

P.s.  I tried to uplad the .tdx file, but the forum didn't allow me to do that 😉 On the .tdr I just missed out.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,161 Views)

Hi M1chael5,

The formatting of the X axis in VIEW is not configurable in DIAdem 2017 and previous versions, sorry!

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,121 Views)