From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find and Replace Text Entry Boxes NOT Case Sensitive

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

This one's not directly related to script writing but it sure annoyed me the other day.

I had cause to search for a word in my script so that I could replace it with an alternative. However, versions of both the find and replace terms existed with upper and lower case first letters.

Having successfully searched and replaced the terms with upper case first letters, I then found the bizarre situation that the text entry boxes in the Find and Replace dialogue box wouldn't accept the same terms with lower case first letters. Every time I entered the lower case term it was automatically 'corrected' to the upper case term. This left me having to manually replace all the lower case terms. Somewhat ironic given the Case-sensitive facility.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(964 Views)

Hello Simon_Aldwoth,

I have tried to reproduce this problem, but without success. Either the problem was fixed or I did it in a different (working) way. I used DIAdem 2022 for the test.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(941 Views)

Hello Walter,

On a positive note, thanks for letting me know that the next version of DIAdem is available for download - I was still using 2021 SP1. I'm still amazed that NI don't actively tell their licence holders that the latest version of the software they have paid for is available.

Anyhow, I download 2022 and the problem still persists.

The process I used was (using example text):

1. Type the following lines into a new script:

'Simon
'simon
'Aldworth
'aldworth

2. Press Ctrl+F

3. Enter Simon in the Find box

4. Tab to the Replace box and enter Aldworth

5. Press Find Next and then Replace

6. Return to the Find box and enter simon

7. Tab to the Replace box and simon is changed to Simon. Enter aldworth in the Replace box, tab away and that too is changed to Aldworth

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(934 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simon_Aldworth

Hello Simon_Aldworth,

Ah, you are talking about a function in the script editor. I thought you would refer to this function in REPORT:

Now that I understand what you mean, I can reproduce this problem and inform R&D about it.

Thank you and greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(930 Views)

Thanks Walter.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(926 Views)