cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to Excel Failure

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have DIAdem 2012 and when I try to export to excel  I get the following failure;

"Excel Export

A global error has occured?"

I do have GfSEXCEL dll added.

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,640 Views)

Tim,
As is stated in the DIAdem 2012 Release Notes,

"The GPI-based ASCII and Excel import wizards were replaced by import wizards in DIAdem 2011 that can also generate a DataPlugin. These can also help you to load more files of the same format without going through the wizard to load them. If you want to execute scripts based on old import wizards, or if you want to continue using them for other reasons, you must first register the respective GPI extensions GfSExcel.dll and GfSASCII.dll (Settings»Options»Extensions»GPI Extensions)."

Have you registered both of these DLLs in DIAdem 2012?

Jared A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,619 Views)

Hey Jared,

I had only loaded the GfSExcel.dll.

I loaded the other .dll you have listed and I get the same error.

First error I get is  "Excel Export" error is prompted saying "A Global Fault has Occured"  but the file is created in Excel,  unfortunately when I go to open the excel file it says "File format is not valid"

These are the same error I saw previously before I loaded the additional .dll any other ideas?

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,606 Views)

I am attaching my DLLs from my DIAdem 2012 install. It's possible that the DLLs from your install have become corrupted. Please make a backup of your DLLs and replace them with these.

Both files will be located at <Program Files>\National Instruments\DIAdem 2012\AddInfo

Jared A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,587 Views)

Hey Jared.

I made a backup and installed your 'dll's and I get the same error.

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,585 Views)
  • Which version of Excel are you using?
  • What file format is the Excel file in, .xls or .xlsx?
  • Does saving to any other file formats (.csv, .tdms) produce errors?
Jared A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,574 Views)

Hi Smooth,

I have just verified that I can export the first group from the Example.tdm data file from the DataPortal to a new XLS data file.  Can you please try that particular TDM file to test your system?  If that works, could you please post the data file that causes errors?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,512 Views)

Hey Brad,

I tried to post the file but I believe it may be to large.

I was able to create a CSV file and exporting the EXAMPLE.tdms file to excel worked fine.

I suspect the file I am trying to export is to large for excel to handle but it about 88,000 kb.

The data set has 404782 rows of data and 24 channels of data.

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,497 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author smoothdurban

Hi Tim,

The DIAdem feature to export to XLS file is very old and reflects the size limitations of Excel 2007, namely 256 columns and 65536 rows.  So your 400,000+ rows are way too much for it.  The CSV export option will work, as will exporting to TMD or TDMS file and using the TDM Excel Addin to load the TDM or TDMS file directly into Excel.  You can just right-click on the TDM or TDMS file in Windows Explorer and choose "Open with..." to engage the TDM Excel Addin, which is also available for free download for any target computer you want to do this on.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,491 Views)

Hey Brad,

Works like a charm!

Thanks and happy holidays!

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10