DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Paste Crash DIAdem

I have had frequent DAIdem crashes when performing a copy/paste operation (using keyboard shortcuts) on a data set from View to Excel and plots from Report to PowerPoint. Is this a known issue, anyone else have this issue, is there a known fix....? 

DIAdem 2017 with service pack 1 64bit

Windows 10 PC

Microsoft  2016

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(3,634 Views)

Hi, Brian,

Very possible, could you upload screenshots or error text of the crash to assist us in checking if it is a known issue?

Alison

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(3,600 Views)

This is all I see when DIDdem crashes.

DAIdemCrash_CopyPaste.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(3,583 Views)

How consistent is this crash? Is it so consistently reproducible that you are able to recreate the issue with a simple project/set of files? I am asking because this sounds like a bug that may need to be reported to R&D and it would be ideal if I can reproduce it here and attach the involved files onto the report.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(3,574 Views)

The issue is not repeatable on command, but it can happen across several data files. Is there a log file that I could look at to try and narrow down what’s causing the issue?

Normally when I perform the copy/paste I use the keyboard shortcuts, I'm trying to exclusively use the right click method for a bit to see if that helps.

I cannot upload any of my work here, company policy. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(3,569 Views)

Hi Brian,

How many data points are you trying to copy from VIEW and paste into Excel when DIAdem hangs like that?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(3,567 Views)

I have had it happen with just a few points, let's say 30 data points.....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(3,564 Views)

Hi Brian,

This is not a known issue.  I also can not imagine that DIAdem would protocol the copy and paste to clipboard action in any log file.  Try running this code to load up the Windows clipboard with all the values of the first Group in the Data Portal, then try to <Ctyrl-V> in Excel.

Set Group = Data.Root.ChannelGroups(1)
Size = Group.Channels(1).Size
Call DataBlClpCopy(Group.Channels, 1, Size)

Does this work consistently, or do you also see the crash this way?  Does the crash happen on only one computer or on multiple computers?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(3,558 Views)

I did not have a crash right away using the code that you provided. There were +12,000 cells filled with data when I used <ctrl-V> in excel. Most of the time I'm only grabbing a few channels worth of data at a time, don't know if that would make a difference.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(3,550 Views)

Hi Brian,

Am I correct in assuming that this is all happening on one computer?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(3,546 Views)