DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Search not generating any code snippet when recording script in DIAdem 2017

I want to create a script that calculates system response time for my tests, using Event Search.

When using the script recorder on DIAdem 2017, using the function "Event Search" under ANALYSIS generates 0 lines of code snippet.

Am I missing a setting or why is this action ignored by the recorder?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
(4,217 Views)

Hi Hallberg,

This is a gap in the Script Recorder for DIAdem 2017 and previous versions.  The short answer is that the Event Search dialog you see in the ANALYSIS panel does not call one command, as most of them do, but instead it calls a series of different ChnEvent...() commands which are different based on your dialog settings.  I have hopes that R&D will in future DIAdem versions offer Script Recording results for this ANALYSIS dialog, but at present you're on your own.  If you click the "Help" button in the ANALYSIS dialog and look all the way at the bottom of the ensuing Help page, you'll see a list of commands to use for different Event search cases.  You can click on any of those commands in that Help page to get assistance with using it.

Also, if you'll explain what you're wanting to search for specifically, I may be able to send you starter VBScript code that will help you develop your application.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,199 Views)

Hi Halberg,

If you press <CTRL> <SHIFT> C you will get some code of the current setting in that dialog. This is independent of the recording mode and works in these dialogs as well.

Winfried

Message 3 of 8
(4,184 Views)

Any update on this? Seems like it's still not recording in DIAdem 2021

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,822 Views)

Hi nhallberg,

We have a few areas in DIAdem where the recording mode does not automatically print the commands into the recorded script. For example, if you open a REPORT object and change something during the recording mode no command is stored in the script. As Brad mentions is the reason for this because of the many command line which must be saved for such cases. We have the same situation for the Event Search function. Depending on the conditions you define in the dialog lots of DIAdem commands and VBS code must be recorded. But as Winfried mentioned if you open the dialog and press <CTRL> <SHIFT> C all necessary commands are copied to the clipboard or if the recording mode is active, are stored in the script. This is an intentional behavior.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,739 Views)

Ah, I missed the "SHIFT" key, working now, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,732 Views)

Hello

I have noticed that there are a few function I use extensively through my applications that appear to be obsolete in 2017 64bit version of DIAdem.

To name a few they are as follows; CHDX, GROUPDEFAULTGET, CHT, CHNPROPGET, GROUPDEL, GROUPCREATE. to name a few.

These function

advancedmd

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,653 Views)

Hello Mark_60,

More than 12 years ago, we introduced the Data API in DIAdem to simplify scripting and significantly improve performance. (Other APIs followed in later versions.)

At the time, we said that the old commands would only continue to exist for compatibility and possibly be removed at some point to speed up DIAdem overall.

Since DIAdem 2017 we deliver a example script (ObsoleteVarCmdCheck_Main.vbs) with which this can be checked.

So far, most commands are still available in DIAdem for compatibility reasons. However, scripts with obsolete commands and variables should be converted when the chance is given. With DIAdem 2018 we had to remove a group of such commands and variables from DIAdem. Starting with this version, REPORT commands such as GraphObj ... and their associated variables are no longer supported.

We have kept at least a transition period of 5 years, mostly much longer. But from a development point of view, there may be boundary conditions at a point in time that no longer allow maintaining compatibility.

Here we hope for understanding.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,576 Views)