DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation of the slope of part of a curve with cursors

Good morning,

I am trying to get the slope of part of a curve. The curve is a stress strain curve and the idea is simply to manually choose the X range to evaluate the slope and extract the Young modulus. The user would place the cursors and the slope parameters would be displayed in an area.

I got some clues from various examples here in presenting au automatized calculation of the min, max, average and other parameters of the part of the curve contained between the two cursors, using the StatblockCalc command in the adequate range.

However, I understand that the regression tool needs two new channels containing the values between cursors (flags and export manually).

Then, the doubt is: Is there some way to bypass the creation of new channels each time the cursor is moved to get the linear regression parameters "live"? I am rather new using scripts with diadem and can´t find the apropriate way to code this. Do you have any clue?

Thank you in advance,

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,382 Views)

Hi David,

See if this application does what you want.  Note that it installs a new icon at the top of the VIEW icon bar, so that you can call the script easily from the VIEW panel after you've run it once in the SCRIPT panel.  There is no way around extracting the new X and Y channels from the desired X range in order to calculate the slope of that X region, but you don't have to use flags, which are designed for interactive use only.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/DIAdem/Using-DIAdem-how-to-get-the-slope-of-a-signal-Linear-or-non/td-p/2158...

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,370 Views)