DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error saving dataportal

Hello,

im saving data portal to TDM format, but i got and error, which happens in 1percent of all times, one time a month. i think its a bug, can you check it please?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,151 Views)

Hi Lukas,

I see that you're saving to a TDM file.  I have seen an error like this before when saving large text channels to a TDM file, since the text channel values get stored in XML in the *.tdm file, as opposed to the numeric and date/time channel values which get stored in binary to the *.tdx file.  Can you describe how many channels, of what data types and of what channel lengths you are trying to save to the TDM file when this error occurs?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,102 Views)

OK, i will try. Next time this error occurs, i will analyze the text channels and let you know here. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,084 Views)

OK so i got the error again.

I tried to save it to mme, but i got an errror:

02.08.2019 11:43:26 Error:
Error in <mmeexport.vbs> (Line: 302, Column: 9):
Error in <mmeexport.vbs> (Line: 368, Column: 7):
Error in <mmeexport.vbs> (Line: 499, Column: 9):
The index 1 is outside the valid range for the Values property.

I got 3 groups in data portal, first 2 are numeric and 3rd i got as a temporary group with some text channles, with max size of 80 rows. tried to delete some and try to save it, still i got error triggered:

02.08.2019 11:46:03 Error:
Error in <NoName(2).VBS> (Line: 15, Column: 1):
Cannot store complete internal data in the file "C:\Temp\DialogLastRelation.tdm" with the format "".

im experimenting with new script and few commands, these ones:

sfile = "C:\Temp\DialogLastRelation.tdm"

Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
If oFSO.FileExists(sfile) then call oFSO.DeleteFile(sfile)

Call DataFileSave(sfile, "TDM")

the error above told me u cant save with the format "", but i specified "tdm". its really not some bug? cause it happens quite often last times and its a pain in the..... the solution is to delete all data portal and loose all the work. can someone from your team connect with me somehow that i can show him the data portal? 

now i removed 2 groups and kept just the one with loaded data and still couldnt save it and after all application crashed. great...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,034 Views)

i started the diadem again and it should have saved last relation, so it should open. But no, it diditn open. it told me that the TDM with last relation has an invalid format.

there is .tdm and .tdm.log file, so i opened it:

***************** New logfile section *******************
TDM: ERROR: parse from IFileIO_Stream_Read(1) : fatal error xercesc::SAXParseException 1 : invalid document structure
TDM: ERROR: fatal error (42) :Invalid XML file or error in the model section!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,027 Views)