DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display the data under DIADEM

Hello,

I have a data file '.tdms' and when I open with DIADEM I can't see the timestamp column do you know if I can add this information in the first column so that I can plot against time ? Or probably I can directly in the recording file. For this topic I took an example from NI. 

PS : Sorry for the projet is in french you can find the same in English 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,786 Views)

Hi GSXR100038,

I opened your Main.vi, but I'm afraid I couldn't find any TDMS VIs in it just by poking around in the structures.  I also didn't find any TDMS data files in your zip file.  Would you either point me to where a TDMS file is in your zip file or point me to where the TDMS Write.vi is in your G code or send me a new TDMS file that has the problem you're wanting to solve?  I don't yet fully understand the issue you're facing.

You can certainly connect a brown or orange datetime wire in LabVIEW to the TDM Write.vi to add a datetime channel in the TDMS file, and if you do that first, it will be the first channel loaded into DIAdem (or any other TDMS reading software).

Brad Turpin

Principal Technical Support Engineer

NI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,749 Views)

Hi,

Sorry I sent 2 files but only one passed. Please see in this attached the picture and the LOG file.   

Thank

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,746 Views)

Hi GSXR100038,

This TDMS file you sent contains one "waveform" channel, which in both LabVIEW and DIAdem means a channel with Y values in it that stores the linear formula for the X values in several properties.  If you click on that "Sinus" channel in the Data Portal, you will see the "Waveform" properties that fully describe the associated X axis values to use, either relative or absolute time in this case.

If you drag this "Sinus" channel onto a graph in DIAdem VIEW, you will see these time values automatically displayed on the X axis.  You can optionally configure the VIEW graph to show datetime values on the X axis if you like (TDV file attached).

If you want to see the relative or absolute time values in a VIEW table, you will have to create those X values explicitly in a new channel-- for this you can use the ANALYSIS dialog "Numeric Channels <==> Waveform Channels" in the "Channel Functions" palette.

Graph of just the (waveform) Sinus ChannelGraph of just the (waveform) Sinus Channel

Brad Turpin

NI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,726 Views)

Hi. Brad_Turpin,

Thank you for your helps but when I unzip your file I've only this File named '.TDV' 

GSXR100038_0-1635230005194.png

And when I open with this file with DIADEM I've this windows (see in this attached please). And How you can configure the VIEW graph to show datetime values on the X axis ? I did'nt succeed

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,717 Views)

Hi, 

I think that is in this tab that you went to configure the time right (picture in this attached)  ? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,711 Views)

Hi GSXR100038,

Yes, I only put the *.TDV file in the *.zip file, because you already had the data file that you sent me.  The *.TDV was supposed to display the data in that data file you sent me-- if you first delete the Data Portal and then load the TDMS file with the 1 "Sinus" channel in it-- THEN load or refresh the *.TDV file in DIAdem VIEW, you should see in your DIAdem the same thing I posted as an image.

You are correct that the only "special" thing in this *.TDV file is the "absolute" configuration of the X/Time axis.  Otherwise, it's just graphing the "[1]/Sinus" channel.

Brad Turpin

NI

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,697 Views)

Hi Brad_Turpin, 

When I load the TDMS file I sent you (3 file in the same directory) 

GSXR100038_0-1635410685399.png

After open the 'Logged Data_2021_10_22_16_20_27.tdms' with DIADEM and refresh the DIADEM VIEW, I've a view that looks like yours but not quite (especially the departure time, please see in this attached). It's just a small detail but overall it matches 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,673 Views)

Hi GSXR100038,

What time zone are you in?  I'm in Austin, Texas in the same time zone as Chicago.  The loaded data file will show the absolute time stored in your local time zone when you load it into DIAdem...

Brad Turpin

NI

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,646 Views)