From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem in between installer

Dear All,

I am creating a software where some data acquisition is going on. After collecting the data in database, a report is generating and I have used Diadem to make the report. Then I am building exe and installer. But at the time of building the installer, I have not found any option for Diadem as additional installer. And after creating the installer, I have installed it in a new pc and Diadem is not working so, report is not generating. Then what should I do? Should I have to install Diadem differently? Kindly help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,627 Views)

Hi LSG,

DIAdem is a separate product from LabVIEW and has to be installed and activated separately from LabVIEW.  You can call the DIAdem isntaller from your own custom installer, either with or without the standard installer user interface.  But you still need to activate DIAdem, and for that you need a DIAdem license.

When you installed DIAdem manually and then it "didn't work", did you activate it on that computer?  What does it do, exactly, when it doesn't work?  Does DIAdem pop up and not create the report, or does it refuse to launch?  Is there an error message?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,609 Views)

Hi Brad,

Diadem is installed and activated in my machine. Then also it is not coming in the additional installer option.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,600 Views)

Hi LSG,

There is no built-in method in the installer builder of LabVIEW to include the DIAdem installer, which I believe is what you mean by it not appearing in the additional installer options.  There is a way for a LabVIEW application installer to call an arbitrary 3rd party installer, and I can give you the DOS extensions to use to make the DIAdem installer silent, if you wish.  You'd need to ask a LabVIEW support engineer for more information on calling external installers.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,582 Views)

Hi Brad,

As far I understood that if I want to install my custom installer (made by LabVIEW) that is Diadem dependent in a third party machine, I have to install my installer then I have to install Diadem and I have to activate Diadem. But this is unlike LabVIEW. If I have LabVIEW activated in my machine I can make a installer and can install it anywhere, and no licence is required to make that installer work  in a third party machine. I don't want to disclose my Diadem licence to any third party machine or the third party is not able to purchase any Diadem licence, then report generation by Diadem is not possible in any third party machine with my installer?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,575 Views)

Hi LSG,

Your conclusion is correct.  Unlike LabVIEW, DIAdem does not offer the ability to turn custom code into an executable.  This is because there is no corresponding "DIAdem runtime engine" like there is for LabVIEW.  DIAdem is an environment that can be automated, like Excel-- it is not a source code compiler like LabVIEW.

The best we can offer is the DIAdem Base package, which will natively run any VBScript you have developed on a more expensive DIAdem version, but which still needs to be installed and activated on each target computer.  This means it needs to be purchased for each target computer.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,562 Views)

That's very much disappointing. I worked hard to make a complete report in pdf by Diadem for a long time, but now I have come to know that it will not work through my installer. Again I have to work for the same thing, my time and labour have gone in vain.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,559 Views)