DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem gives error message ""Could not initialize USI for REPORT".

At the end of install of Diadem I got error message ""Could not initialize USI for REPORT".  It appears everything installed, but if I try to start Diadem I get the same error?

Tried both the ni-diadem-2020-en_20.0_online_repack2.exe and ni-diadem-2020-en_20.0.0_offline.iso packages for install several times with no luck.

I also know it is not a licensing issue, because I am connected to our EA server.

Did a search of the user group but only found older blogs for this issue.

Has anyone else seen this on Windows 10, 64bit?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,670 Views)

Hi cbecher,

I agree that this is not a licensing problem, since USI is always enabled without a license key.  Does this same error happen on any other computers or just the one?  I'm fishing here, because I don't have any concrete ideas what might be the problem.  This is not a common issue.

Brad Turpin

Principal Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,566 Views)

No it doesn't.  We are going to try to install on a Lab PC to see if it will install correctly for a temp solution.  Probably will try next week.

However I consider that a temp solution.  I am asking NI support to contact the SW design folks to understand what enables that prompt.  Maybe that will clue us in to a file or something corrupted.

-Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,553 Views)

Hi Chris,

OK, fair enough.  I will run your description and the specific error message by R&D and get their official response.

More soon,

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,541 Views)

Hi Chris,

R&D says that the developer we need to talk to about this is on vacation this week, returning to work on August 11.  We hope to have some comments for you early next week.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,528 Views)

Thanks.  Last update that I got on my ticket was to try on another computer.  I am going to, but that is only a temp solution.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,487 Views)

So cbecher,

Were you able to try the "repair" action for the DIAdem installation from the NI Package Manager, on the computer where DIAdem is misbehaving?

I need to answer this question first before I can get R&D to pursue other options.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,470 Views)

Grrrr,

Sorry, I just confused your question with another one I was asking about.  I hope to hear from the developer now that he's back from vacation this week.  You can certainly try the repair option, but that's NOT a precursor to getting the next response from R&D.

My bad,

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,469 Views)

Hi Chris,

I now have some thoughts from R&D:

1) Was the installation of the DD 2020 R1 on Win 10 the first installation of NI software on that computer?  If not, what was the version of DIAdem/LabVIEW/etc. previously installed? 

2) Have you tried to "Repair" the installation from the NI Package Manager?  For real this time, the developer is definitely asking this for your situation.  No kidding.

3) One explanation for this error message could be that the (installed) REPORT model is not being found or the DIAdem instance you're launching doesn't have permissions to read it (from file).

With a standard 64bit DIAdem installation on Win10 64bit, the REPORT models are normally located in the following folder:
     C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\USICore\DataModels\DIAdem\Report\1_2

Please check if these 2 files exist and verify that you have read permissions to access them with the same user login you're launching DIAdem with:

DIAdem_Report_1_2.xml

DIAdem_Report_1_2_Version.dll

In fact, you need to have read access to the entire parent folder as well:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\USICore\DataModels

Regards,

Brad Turpin

NI

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,459 Views)