From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem cannot see or access Global Virtual Channels in DAQmx

I have Diadem 2017 SP 1 (Advanced DAC Bundle) 64 bit running on Windows 10 Pro.

It won't see or pull through the analogue channels from my cDAQ system. It will still work with the XNET portion so I can see CAN data, but none of my thermocouples or analogue inputs work. It used to work on my older Win 7 machine, but we got new laptops and upgraded to 10 and whilst it worked for a while (ported over the configuration), it suddenly stopped working and I cannot get it back. I tried to build a new configuration from scratch but the same issue persists.

When trying to "open" the DAQ block in the DAC builder in Diadem, I can't even open the window. It just hangs. Or if it miraculously does open (after 20+ minutes of waiting) it shows nothing at all, its all empty. 

The channels do work. I can see them in NI MAX and I can see both the raw signal from the module and I can run the Virtual Channel in MAX (with the scaling applied) and see the numbers changing. So its all working up to that point. Just not getting through to Diadem. 

I think the NI MAX version is pretty recent so I am wondering if there is an older NI MAX version that might work better?

Totally lost because I installed everything fresh on another laptop and it still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,264 Views)

Hi AlexMason,

Please can you launch the "NI IO Trace" tool, start the logging, proceed the steps described above and post the log file? We hope to find the answer for the problem with this info.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,201 Views)

Hello Walter

Unfortunately I now have it working. 

I repaired the DAQmx install and then updated to latests DAQmx. I then started a fresh in NI MAX again and this time plugged in a differen CDAQ chassis. Its come back to life and works.

The original CDAQ chassis now also works.

Though one issue I do have is, importing the channels and things from nce file, they show up as incomplete even though the chassis name, IP, serial etc is exactly the same as it was. If I also import the original chassis from the nce file, this then works properly and all the channels work. But now I have 2 DAQ devices in the list with exactly the same name, IP and serial!

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,193 Views)

Hello AlexMason,

I am sorry, but I am not very familiar with DACmx details. Please can you ask your question in the DACmx group?

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,186 Views)