DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem and TestStand Reports

Is there a way to load data from a TestStand generated report into Diadem? If so, what is the best report format and do I then need to create a custom data plugin?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,926 Views)

Hi dandrews,

The short answer is "Yes, but it's not obvious".  There is a posted DataPlugin for TestStand ATML report files, and there is an unposted DataPlugin for TestStand XML report files.  We can create a custom DataPlugin to read any TestStand ASCII report file you create.  Might your TestStand report files be in one of those three formats?

In general customer want to look at specific step/measurement results from many different report files.  The way to handle that is to index all the report files with the appropriate DataPlugin, then query the particular results you want to analyze, then import the queried results into the Data Portal.

Please email me some of your data files at brad.turpin@ni.com and I'll be happy to help you through the non-obvious steps.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Message 2 of 9
(5,913 Views)

Brad-

Can you provide any further implementation details on this problem?  I have the Teststand XML plugin, but my measured values and limits show up as properties of a channel.  I don't know if it is possilbe to graph and analyze properites accross multiple channels?

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,506 Views)

Ok.  This is a better problem description.  The Channels show up as Text and the actual data is in the "custom" properties.  How do I process the data like this?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,502 Views)

Hello Kevin,

This looks correct, and the next stop to analyze your data is not obvious, but actually pretty straight forward. There is an example in DIAdem that shows how to do what you want to achieve, it can be found in the 2012 version of DIAdem under "Evaluation Wizard for the Search Results of the DataFinder". (We have versions of the examples that run with older versions of DIAdem, but they are not installed with the software like this exampe is, so we'd have to send them to you via email or FTP/file share).

TestStand.png

I am not sure looking at that example will make things immediately obvious, but we could set up a Web based demo where Brad or I can explain how this operates in 30 minutes, and then allow you to use the same technique and scripts on your TestStand files. It's pretty easy to adapt to your files once you have an understanding of the steps and scripts involved. You will be able to mine your TestStand data with very little effort and virtually no time to set up and index a data base.

Brad has provided this email address above, mine is:                  otmar DOT foehner AT ni DOT com

We're in US central time and can provide Web demos at a time that is convenient for you.

Best regards,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,481 Views)

I would like to mine data from some old TestStand 2010 SP1 xml test reports. What is the best way to do this in DIAdem?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,497 Views)

Karljustin,

As Brad is mentioning in the above posts, there is a TestStand XML plugin. It can take some adjusting to get it to work with your XML. 

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P876SAC&l=en-US

Matthew

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,482 Views)

Hi Karljustin,

Let me know if you want to pursue this.  For TestStand ATML report files, the DataPlugin posted is all you need.  For the TestStand XML report files, you need the "TestStand XML" DataPlugin AND a so-called Post-processing DataPlugin, which I can send you.  Sometimes this second DataPlugin has to be tweaked some in order to successfully expose all the info you care about in your XML report files.  It would help to have a handful of those XML files to test with, if you want to pursue this.

Either way, you'll need to learn how to use a particular shipping example in DIAdem to pivot from queried test records to standardized reports.  Here's a white paper that shows how this works for ATML report files.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/52361/en/

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,394 Views)

Hi  

I'm interested in the white paper that shows how this works for ATML but the link is broken.

Can you relink this white papter?

Best regards

Message 9 of 9
(924 Views)