cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem: PDF export issues

Solved!
Go to solution

Goodmorning to all, 

I have an issue with the PDF exporting function of DIADEM software. 

The problem is related on the export of the characters I would guess looking at the result in the example in the picture attached (in the right how it should be, in the left the pdf). 

I tried to edit preferences for the NI Diadem printer without any improvement. 

Any idea?

Thanks 

Mic

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,335 Views)

Hi Mic

You can use File > Print and then select the DIAdem PDF printer, or Export > PDF Export. Have you tried both?

It seems that the fonts are not embedded in the PDF. In my version this is set by default.

You can try to set the corresponding variable PDFFontsEmbedded, by executing this small script:

PDFFontsEmbedded = True

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,298 Views)

Thanks you for your answer!

Yes, I tried both the methods (Diadem export->PDF and Print->Diadem PDF). 

Unfortunately I've got the same wrong output.

I tried launching the script....I'm still facing the export issue. 

Do you have additional suggestions? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,291 Views)

Hi, 

I'm trying to collect additional information to characterize the issue: 

I'm running Diadem by means of a remotre desktop connection and my screen resolution is 3440x1440 pxs at the desktop station. When I run the remote desktop connection with a different resolution (very annoying to be honest because in this way it doesn't use the whole screen) the output is better but still not optimal. 

Is it possible to set the virtual page/resolution for the virtual (PDF) printer?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,272 Views)

Hi michebel,

I seem to recall that font sizes in a PDF file created by DIAdem can get wonky WHEN YOU ARE USING REMOTE DESKTOP.  Have you tried on that computer without remote desktop?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,252 Views)

Hi Brad, 

No, I can use only remote desktop connection. 

But my colleague hasn't the same issue with the same remote desktop connection but he has two screens to work with while I'm working with a big screen (3440px)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,249 Views)

Hi Brad, 

do you have other solutions or walkaround? 

I'm using now the Graphic export, but it's not the same of a vectorial output (like pdf) and I have to repeat the export of every tabs and every time it forgets the output setting (I have to choose again the quality and the algorithm used). 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,229 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author michebel

Hi michebel,

Maybe this readme info of DIAdem 2018 can help:

DIAdem 2018 Release Notes

• Under Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2, there are issues displaying character strings when printing or exporting to PDF and XPS documents if you control the system via remote desktop. DIAdem prints character strings without or with too little character spacing. This is a Microsoft issue described at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2768741. There Microsoft offers a solution in form of a hotfix. In case you cannot install this hotfix, you can also work around this issue using the setting Output print data as graphic under Settings»DIAdem Settings»REPORT.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,221 Views)

Thank you Walter!

I'll try to contact the IT department of my company to check if it's possible to run that hotfix and to discover if it fix the problem or not. 

I'll keep you guys posted. thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,195 Views)

Hey Walter, Thank you so much! 

That hotfix fixed my problem!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,166 Views)