From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem Installation Hangs

Solved!
Go to solution

I just downloaded the latest Diadem installer from the NI website. I have Windows 10 and I'm running the install file as administrator. When it runs, it brings up the "NI Package Manager" which has a grey window that says "Gathering System Information" and a moving circle of dots (throbber). And that's it, it just sits there. I've had it running for hours and it doesn't get any further. Why would it hang here? Are there any known issues with this installer I should know about? Any alternative way to install?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,467 Views)

Update:

After closing the NI Package Manager, about a minute later I finally get an error "An error occurred when launching the following required file: "GUIExecutableFullPath". The installer might be corrupted. Try redownloading the installer or using a new media distribution.

Based on this message, I redownloaded it, but I still got the same results, so that didn't help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,444 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HDAK47

I discovered the issue was that the NI package manager was trying to communicate with an NI server using a method that's blocked by our corporate firewall. The solution was to use the link in the corner that states "Note: If you need to download individual versions or patches, you can select from Individual Offline Installers".

Once I downloaded the offline installed for Diadem, it installed without issue.

Posting this here in case anyone else comes across the same issue. I'm willing to bet it's not just specific to Diadem either. I believe it applies for anyone having this issue with the Package Manager for any application.

Message 3 of 3
(3,400 Views)