DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem Datafinder Incorrect Parameter value

I am receiving an error stating that I have an incorrect parameter value in my query.  I am using DIAdem to load the TDM file and dragging the property over to the search in Datafinder.  I know there are files containing the search but this error keeps popping up.  Any ideas?

Siriusly_0-1597094299285.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,409 Views)

When using LabVIEW to perform the search I recieve the following errror.

Error -305533 occurred at Invoke Node in NI_DataFinder Toolkit.lvlib:Execute Query.vi->SPC XM TA2.lvlib:SPC Report Perform Search.vi->SPC XM TA2.lvlib:SPC Report-MAIN.vi

Possible reason(s):

DataFinder Toolkit: An error occurred during the search. The query may contain at least one invalid property.

Some of my queries function as expected but a few return this error.  I'm not sure why though...

The error isn't even listed in the valid datafinder error codes:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372745L-01/datafindertk/lvdftk_errorcodes/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,359 Views)

Hi Siriusly,

I've bumped up against that query error a few times, and I believe it has to do with the data type of the property in one of the conditions.  I've mainly seen this when saving a query to TDV file and then loading the query from disk to use it again.  Another angle would be to look if any of those properties used in queries are optimized in the DataFinder-- you can end up with a property optimized as a type=String, yet have only type=Integer instances of that property or some such.

Also try to narrow down which query condition is causing this by reducing the conditions one by one until you just have the one condition that causes the trouble.

Brad Turpin

Principal Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,324 Views)

After the weekend the search produced results without the error,  it's weird that it works now but I'm not complaining.  The query only has one item in the search condition, it's a string and there are hundreds of files with this data type, but only a handful matching the string I am looking for.  Nothing has change in my query but it works now.

Thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,291 Views)

Hi Siriusly,

If it's a string property with a bounded number of possible values, it's usually best to optimize that property in the DataFinder configuration-- that may speed up the query, and it will definitely give you the ability to display the allowable DISTINCT string values in the query configuration GUI, which is usually very helpful.  If each file has a different string value for that property, and if there are a zillion files, then it may make more sense to leave it unoptimized.

Brad Turpin

Principal Technical Support Engineer

NI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,279 Views)