DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem 9 and Windows XP rights problem

Hi!
I've some trouble with Diadem installed on end-user clients (without administrator rights).
The problem is that "program file" directory is write protected and Diadem request rights for writing in this directory.
I've tried with a desktop file stored in another location, but there's still a problem with G5D file (we use some GPI extensions).
Of course, I've tried to launch Diadem first as an administrator, but problems remains.
Untill now, the only solution we've found is to add writing rights for users to Diadem 9 directory.
Is there another solution ?
Or may be, we can add writing rights only to some files (G5D and some other configuration files), and in that case is there some list for theses files ?
Thanks for any answe
r.
JMA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,124 Views)
Hi,

DIAdem by default will only run when logged on as Administrator.
To use DIAdem as a "USER" you must follow as below:
Install DIAdem with Administrator rights
Start DIAdem for one time with Administrator rights
Add the parameter "RegWriteAccessAllow" to the Windows Registry and set it to "0".

For more information on this topic, open the DIAdem help file, click Index and search for administrator notes. It details the installation for user accounts and network setup.

Please let me know if this workaround addresses the problem without other side effects.

Best regards,

Matthieu Gourssies
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,124 Views)