DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug feature for Windows 10 64 bit OS ?

Solved!
Go to solution

I cant seem to get the script debugger to work on a Windows 10, 64 bit PC, Diadem 2015.  I have installed the Microsoft Script Debugger tool but the debug tool bar is still unavaiable.  When I go to help -> about, under the "Script Engine" tab, the Version and DLL are still listed as unknown.  How do I tell Diadem where the MS debugger tool is located?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(9,316 Views)

Hello DF_DJS,

did you follow this help information?

Microsoft Windows Script Debugger

Microsoft Windows Script Debugger

The Microsoft "Process Debug Manager" is already installed on most computers. This debugger is installed by Internet Explorer, MS Office, and Visual Studio. To use this debugger, register the pdm.dll. Start the Windows prompt with administrator rights and execute the following command according to the DIAdem version installed on your computer:

DIAdem (64-bit): Regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\pdm.dll"

DIAdem (32-bit): Regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\pdm.dll"

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(9,292 Views)

Thanks Walter, I did, but there is no pdm.dll in the Internet Explorer folder.  I'm guessing those help instructions are only for older versions of Win7/IE.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(9,278 Views)

This DLL is also installed from other Microsoft products in other folders. Did you already search for the pdm.dll on your C drive?

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(9,270 Views)

I just did a quick search on my PC, with Windows 10 64-bit and MS Office installed. The file pdm.dll was found in the following folders:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\F12

C:\Windows\System32\F12

and a third folder that has a weird name, so I assume that's specific to my PC.

This link has a little more information about the directories and their purpose: http://www.samlogic.net/articles/32-64-bit-windows-folder-x86-syswow64.htm

I hope that helps, let us know if you have additional issues or questions,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(9,260 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DF_DJS

Awesome! Thank you for your help.

The SysWow64 folder pdm did not work but the System32 folder dll did work.  I also got error message 0x80070005  but retried as admin.

So in recap, for Win10 64 bit run the following at command prompt with admin rights:

Regsvr32.exe "C:\Windows\System32\F12\pdm.dll"

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(9,255 Views)