cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug In DIAdem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting the debugger to work for DIAdem 2015. In theory I should be able to download microsoft script debugger but when I follow the links in older help topics there I get redirected to the microsoft general download page. Is there something else I can download to use as a debugger? I don't know much at all about computer software so please keep explanations as simple as possible.

Thanks,

Sadie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,049 Views)

Hi Artemis,

try the attached file.

Message 2 of 9
(6,033 Views)

Hi Phillip,

The link only opens in browser, and the symbols show up as question marks...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,021 Views)

Hi Artemis,

Please remove the "*.txt" suffix from the file name and then double-click the file in Windows Explorer.  This is an installer which needs to be run to add the script debugger to the operating system.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,003 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Artemis125

I got it working now. Thanks all.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,000 Views)

Hello Brad,

I am having the same issue as the original poster. I have downloaded and installed the Mircosoft script debugger per your instructions in this post but the debug options are still greyed out in the DIAdem script toolbar. Did I miss something? The DIAdem Advanced Training Exercises say that the debug options should be available after downloading the script debugger and then restarting the program- this did not work for me. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,869 Views)

Hi wils,

What DIAdem version are you using?  Do you have Visual Studio installed on that same computer?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,830 Views)

Hi Brad,

I tried doing what you stated above but I was not able to get the debugger to download. When I go through the setup I get a "copy error." This happens when it tries to copy the file ScrptDbg.inf file. Have you seen this before or know of how this can be fixed. Part of me thinks that it may be result of the restrictions that my company laptop has but I wasn't completely sure. Also I'm using Diadem 2015 64bit and I do not have Visual Studio.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,591 Views)

Thanks for this. Finally, I got the debugger via your link.

Please, modify the article in the KB regarding the installation of the debugger, to indicate that no links to Microsoft are no longer working, and give this download of scd10en.exe file directly. 

It will save a lot of time to others who, like me, had to facethe broken links at Microsoft ... 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,332 Views)