From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataFinder 2017 not indexing all files

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

your screenshot shows that there are PDF files next to your TDM files. With Version 2017 a new Documents-DataPlugin is installed by default wit DIAdem and it is activated for My DataFinder by default. The DataPlugin indexes the following file formats: *. doc; *. jpg; *. pdf; *. png; *. pptx; *. tif; *. xlsx. As a result, the number of indexed files can be significantly higher than in previous versions of DIAdem. You could try disabling the Document Plugin for the My DataFinder to check whether or not this improves the behavior.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(336 Views)

I can confirm that the datafinder settings are set to index upon a change or new files are added. I attached a screenshot of the settings.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(330 Views)

The datafinder did not have the Documents-DataPlugin that indexed those files selected by default. It was not checked when I took the attached screenshot.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(328 Views)