DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Portal

Solved!
Go to solution

Can anyone tell me what is happening in the data portal in the picture attached? I.e. what code command is being used? I am using Diadem 2014 to debug bunch of codes and I cannot figure why sometimes the data portal does that. This behavior causes my code to work sometimes and sometimes not.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,057 Views)

Hyside:

I can get that response, if I have some search text in the windows that filter for Group or channel.

These edit boxes will be shown if you click on the little bar that is right above where the channels are displayed.

Another little note:

Sometimes, you will see little read marks on the channels listed, this is due the channels being "Pinned"  

The way to clear this is to select one of the channels, then left click and "Remove all pins" 

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,035 Views)

This problem occurs when I run a script.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,025 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hysde

Hi hysde,

That is the default behavior of the Data Portal when a DIAdem VBScript is running-- Data Portal updates are suppressed until the script finishes, which can save a lot of time unnecessarily re-refreshing subsequent changes.  If you'd like to revert back to the old behavior of updating the Data Portal during script execution, you can do so with the UIAutoRefeshSet() command-- 1=refresh, 2=suppress.

Call UIAutoRefreshSet(1)
Call Data.Root.Clear
Call DataFileLoad(DataFilePath1, DataPluginName)
Call DataFileLoad(DataFilePath2, DataPluginName)
Call DataFileLoad(DataFilePath3, DataPluginName)
Call UIAutoRefreshSet(0)

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,011 Views)

I can confirm that the 

Call UIAutoRefreshSet(0)

command does indeed suppress the refresh behavior.

But whats interesting is that as shown in the picture the suppress behavior happened sometimes even without using the UIAutoRefreshSet command (after having looked at the entire codebase). Could there be another command causing this or could this be because of the way the code is written?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,963 Views)

Hi hysde,

I'm not familiar with a scenario in DIAdem that automatically reverts to the automatic updating of Data Portal changes.  Perhaps there is a state somewhere or combination of steps that can result in this, but it's not by design, and I don't know of one.  You can always put UIAutoRefresh(0) at the end of your scripts to make sure, it won't hurt anything.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,955 Views)