DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Integrity

Hello,

I'm working in flight testing with data that no one should be able to edit or delete. Only the analysis should be allowed. Because adding and editing added channels (from calculations for example) should be possible, as well as adding new Meta data, locking the file within Windows isn't an option.

I know about the feature to register the data, what actually would do the exact thing I need, but is it possibly to prevent loading the data the normal way, that would include double tapping in the explorer, etc.

Thanks for the Help

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,256 Views)

Hi Michael,

the only thing I could recommend you that you set the file as read-only in Windows. In this case DIAdem will not overwrite the file, what other application do is up to these applications.

If you only want to check if somebody altered your data you would have to find/invent some algorithm that  generates a checksum of your data and save that checksum as a property, so that you can check if the checksum is still valid. But you would only notice that there is a change but could not prevent that.

Best regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,198 Views)