From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIadem 2019 crashes when opening wizard for "%" ASCII files

Hello,

i think i discovered an unwanted behaviour of Diadem 2019. When opening the Data plug-in wizard for ASCII files that have in the name the "%" character the software crash sistematically. If i remove the "%" from the file name the wizards run smoothly.

Let me know if the problem is reproducible to others.

Regards,

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,423 Views)

Hello Francesco

I cannot reproduce the crash with a copy of Example ASCII file

DataPlugin_Proc%Kopie.asc

Which ASCII file causes the crash?

Regards, Sandra

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,356 Views)

Hi Sandra,

that's really strange. I'm going to attach you the file to this message. Just to be easier to reproduce, i summarize the steps:

1) Add the file "1Ciclo_20%strain_nopause.txt" in a folder that is indexed by DIAdem;

2) Look for the file in the DIAdem Navigator, right-click, "Open with...";

3) In the new window opened i choose "Wizard..."

...and then DIAdem crashes

I get the same behaviour if, in the Navigator panel, i click on the "Wizard for loading a Text-Based Data File" button and then select the "1Ciclo_20%strain_nopause.txt" in the pup-up.

Please notice that if i remove the % character from the filename everything goes smoothly, so it should not be a problem with the file content. Moreover, if i already have a DataPlugin able to read that file, i can even read files with the % character. So it should be an issue related to the Wizard loading a %named text file.

Regards,

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,350 Views)

Hi Francesco

Thanks for the file and the steps to reproduce.

The crash is reproduceable.

Regards, Sandra

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,343 Views)

Note: I've removed the "s" after the % in filename and the file can be loaded.

Message 5 of 7
(2,309 Views)

Hi Sandra,

it's legit to suppose that "%s" is bad interpreted by the Data Plugin Wizard, considering that in many languages (i.e. SQL) is a code tag. I don't need workarounds. I removed the "%" because the same consideration you did removing "s" char. I just thought that this is an unwanted behaviour and i opened a post to communicate it.

Best regards,

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,302 Views)

The issue is fixed in DIAdem 2019 SP1.

Best regards, Sandra

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,223 Views)