DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem software not starting

Hi,

I did a install of the DIAdem 2019 software on a Win 10 laptop.

The software does not start. it hang on the splash screen "Navigator: Opening Panel"

Anyone experienced the same problem?

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(4,293 Views)

Hi Kevin, 

I haven't seen this behavior with my DIAdem also running on a Windows 10 64 bit laptop. Do you recall receiving any errors during or after the DIAdem installation?

I would try to uninstall the package from the NI Package Manager and run again the installation from the NI Package Manager. For your first installation, did you make it through the NIPM directly? or did you downloaded the package and then ran it locally with the NI Package Manager?

Warm Regards,

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(4,244 Views)

Try running DIAdem as "Administrator"... I have had problems in the past with Symantec Endpoint Protection software blocking operation as a regular user. 

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(4,226 Views)

Hi,

I tried through the Package Manager, the full package. Tried also version 2015, 2018, 2019.

Did the install as a domain admin. All the same result.

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(4,200 Views)

Sorry for the confusion, I did not mean install as admin... I mean run as admin.  If you select DIAdem from the menu, right click and select "more" and then select "Run as administrator".

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(4,181 Views)

Hi Peter,

Run as admin it is also not working.

I've added the National Instruments folders that are located in C:\ProgramData, C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86) to the exclusion list of Windows Defender.

Still the same problem.

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(4,167 Views)

This is strange, I am not sure why you might be getting this behavior but sounds like either software corruption or something on your computer blocking the access to the directories of the Navigator maybe, have you had other versions of DIAdem on that laptop before? or have you tried installing the same package on a different computer?

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(4,076 Views)

Kevin,

Can you confirm that you have rebooted the computer since installing DIAdem 2019?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(4,036 Views)

I have the same problem.  Just downloaded DIAdem 2019 SP1 for eval.  Rebooted.  Uninstalled and tried again.  Splash screen comes up for a min or so then disappears. 

System = Windows 10 Enterprise (SHB-A), 64-bit, 64GB RAM

Help!

Tommy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(3,803 Views)

Try to uninstall the whole NI software (Ni package manager & National instruments software) using Revo uninstaller and remove any residual files in the system C drive and then install again. I hope it will work.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,647 Views)