DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem outputs the timeline to numerics

Hello everyone,

I set the device to run as 1000Hz, which should yield the timeline to have time difference between two points as 0.001, like the data points should be marked as 0.002s and 0.003s.

But if I export the .tdms files to .csv, it can only show #mm.dd.hh.ss.ffff. I'd like to show the absolute running time, such as 0.0015s. The time given in csv file, as attached, has time difference 0.0002s, which is incorrect. I've also changed the display to relative time. The exported files are not that good. Any help? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,012 Views)

Hi bzheng,

What is the time format in DIAdem? Is it a date / time like “yyyy.mm.dd hh.mm.ss.fff” or is it a relative time like “0.001, 0.002, …”?

Can you provide an example dataset?

How did you try to export this data to a CSV file?

What is the DIAdem version you are working with?

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(998 Views)

Thank you for your reply! The 'relative' time format in DIAdem shows as 01/01/0000 00:00:18:7520000. If I export the file to .csv, it shows  date / time like “yyyy.mm.dd hh.mm.ss". What I expect is just to export the correct time as 0.001s. 

The file is far larger than max size allowed here.   😞

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(961 Views)

Hi bzheng,

This explains why your export is stored as time format. Your time channel is not relative it is a real date time channel. You can identify this by the icon in front of the channel in the Dataportal.

Walter_Rick_0-1669357519927.png

To change that, you can either modify your data acquisition to store the time data as relative time or convert the existing date time channel to a relative time channel.

In DIAdem you can use a script for this or the corresponding commands in ANALYSIS. Here are the script commands:

dim oChn

set oChn = Data.Root.ChannelGroups(1).Channels("Time")
call ChnConvertTimeToNumeric(oChn, True, False)
call ChnRound(oChn, "Standard", "DecimalDigits", 3, True)

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(945 Views)