DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem languages

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding DIAdem (10.0) operating languages.

a) what are the languages available for DIAdem?
b) can I switch between operating languages with one installation of DIAdem?
c) can I install DIAdem in any available language from one purchased copy?

Thanks,
Greg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,926 Views)

Hi Greg,

DIAdem is available in English and German, and these are separate installers/CDs.  Technically the serial number you get when you purchase a DIAdem copy is tied to the language you purchased, but I'm sure if you want to switch some of your licenses from English to German or German to English that your local sales representative could help you there.

But each such switch will involve a new installation,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,907 Views)

That is something new for me. The NI Hotline told me that I have to buy a new Licence to have the program in english.

I purchased it for nothing now?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,888 Views)

Hi Tom,

I am certain that no one at NI wants you to purchase a copy of software which is useless to you.  I am not familiar with the mechanics of getting you what you want after you've received what you don't want, but I'm confident NI will make the situation right for you.

You need to be talking to your sales representative.  If by "NI Hotline" you mean the support personnel, then you are not yet talking to the folks who can help you.  Please either talk with your local sales engineer or you internal sales representative (ISR).

Did you purchase a German version of DIAdem but really wanted to purchase an English version, or are you looking for the ability to run either German or English DIAdem at different times on the same computer?

Brad Turpin
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,877 Views)
Hi Brad,

you are from NI?

Tom
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,865 Views)

Hi Tom,

Yes, I am the Product Support Engineer for DIAdem in the US.  I live and work in Austin, Texas.

Brad Turpin
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,848 Views)

I'am looking for the ability to run either German or English DIAdem at different times on the same computer is this possible?

I know that it is possible for the 32bit and 64bit Version.

Best Regards

Gerald

G3W0
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,811 Views)

Sorry Gerald,

You can only one installation of a given version of DIAdem on the computer at the same time, and while bitness counts as a version difference, language does not.

Also note that in a few years DIAdem will be offered in 64bit only, so the 32bit/64bit workaround to host two languages of DIAdem of the same version will not be viable in the future.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,741 Views)