The layout is 350 pages with a single plot on each page. Each plot has 25 lines. All of this is auto-generated with scripts. I made a few hand edits, which is why I want to save it separately. I am obviously going to lose my work because the only way to fix it is to restart DIAdem without saving, which is a bummer.
I suspect the root cause has to do with DIAdem running out of memory to do the save. It is currently using 3.4GB of RAM. I should have used the 64-bit version but I didn't so here I am. Memory management in DIAdem needs some attention. Please don't tell me to use the 64-bit version because you'll be missing my point. I want NI to make this a priority for future releases.
This, along with other issues I have with DIAdem, is pushing me to convert my TDMS files to HDF5 so I can use open source tools for reporting. I'm pretty sure I'll never see Python's matplotlib taking up 3.4GB (when properly used.)