DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem 2019 - Report settings not readable per script record / data structure view adjustable?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello guys!

We moved to Win-10 and DIAdem 2019 now, and it seems like a lot of our old scripts (from 2015) are not supported any more… Currently two issues are of interest:

1. In DIAdem 2015 there was a way to get the report settings with script recording, selection of the diagram and CTRL+SHIFT+C. In version 2019 SP1 I got a failure in an internal script "ReportOOCopyAsScriptHelper.VBC". Is here something changed or is it a local bug on my installation?
  2. The structure listing in the data portal shows the channel name and the unit; I cannot find the way to show the description additionally or instead of unit. In the listing view it's possible, but we work with structure mostly…

Hope it's just an easy change somewhere in the settings 😉

Regards,

Vassili

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,466 Views)

Hi Vassili,

CTRL+SHIFT+C is the correct way to copy properties to the Clipboard or in the recording mode into the script. I tested both without problems. Does it happen on your side only with specific dialogs or always?

The tree in the Dataportal is not configurable. In DIAdem 2019 you always see the channel name and unit (before 2019 the unit was shown only if the quantity-based calculation was active). All other channel properties are listed the below the tree. This is the same behavior as in 2015.

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,410 Views)

Hello Walter,

regarding the tree view, it's just a new view, and if it's not a settings issue we'll just need some time to get used to it 🙂

With the shortkey - it happens on different PCs, with versions 2014 / 2015 / 2019, with different login accounts.

But I'm sure that somewhen it did work (since I've used this before).

My current installation is a new one (new laptop), any "old remains" can be excluded.

The failure occurs during the script recording after selection of the 2DChart.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,406 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dia791

Hi Vassili,

I have tested this in DIAdem 2019 and DIAdem 2019 SP1. No problem. Is it possible that you use another tool which also uses this shortcut?

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,400 Views)

Well, how can I be sure that not?..

I've checked the shortcut in Excel & Word, no actions; there are almost no further software installed on the laptop yet...

Seems to be another one issue for the NI support Team.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,397 Views)

Since I have several issues with Diadem now, I doupted if they might come from our Installations.

We have some restrictions from company's IT with respect to "safety"...

Therefore I took a completely new PC now, installed DIAdem 2019 there (run it as evaluation Version, without Network) and tried - no problems!

Thus don't mind it any more, it's our local problem with IT.

Thanks for the prompt answers!

Message 6 of 6
(1,380 Views)