DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIAdem 2015 x64 - Code Completion not Working

I am running DIAdem 2015 x64 and use scripting quite a lot. Recently, I noticed that the code completion stopped working. For example, if I type Data.Root., DIAdem script editor does not show any options for the Root object, even if I press CRTL + SPACE.

Has any one had this problem before? Any ideas how to fix it without reinstalling?

See below for more information about my DIAdem version and the current script settings.

DIAdem15x64Info.png

DIAdem15x64ScriptSettings.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,340 Views)

Hi regmari,

I haven't seen the code completion in DIAdem SCRIPT stop completely, but the version you're using has a known and serious performance issue with code completion.  Have you tried waiting 30 seconds after typing the dot to see if anything will pop up?  I admit that a delay of this magnitude renders the feature unusable in most situations, but it would be nice to know if you're dealing with a new situation or just the known performance problem.  By the way, the performance problem was fixed in DIAdem 2017 SP1, which just released a week or two ago.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,317 Views)

Hello Brad,

It was not working even when waiting more than 30 seconds. The CRTL + SPACE worked as long as it was not an object that was being completed. For example, if code completion was called in a blank line, it works. It shows a list of commands starting with Abs (see picture below), but if you type and internal object followed by a dot, then it fails.

Installing DIAdem 17 is not an option for me yet. My company is still negotiating the upgrade.

In any case, this morning I decided to reinstall DIAdem (uninstall --> reboot --> reinstall) and it started working again. I was trying to avoid going that path, but in the end it worked.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Regis

DIAdem_codecompletion.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,313 Views)